How to get Stockholm Cruise Port from City
Stockholm Cruise Port is one of the major departure ports in Europe. You may plan to stay in the city before your Baltic Sea cruise. But there is one thing you need to know. Stockholm ports have not only one but several cruise ports. It is important to make sure that you are going to the right cruise port.
Stockholm is one of the most visited cities in Europe. The city itself has been considered as Europe’s major cultural treasure. Gamla Stan (Old Town) is one of most beautiful Nordic neighbourhoods in Europe. Visiting Stockholm can be an unforgettable experience for any cruisers
In this article, you will find easy, fast and inexpensive ways to go to Stockholm Port from the city centre. Stockholm Passenger Terminal’s general information is also provided. Find out where cruise ships dock in Stockholm.
Have some information on Stockholm before you leave home. Plan your cruise vacation. Set sail from Stockholm Cruise Port for your Baltic Sea cruise.
I. Stockholm Cruise Port
Stockholm is one of the major ports for Baltic Cruise in Europe. Cruise Port of Stockholm is the largest in Sweden ports. It is composed of several different port areas. Make sure which is your departure cruise terminal. Then find the easy and fast way to arrive at the right cruise passenger terminal.
If you plan to stay in Stockholm before your Baltic Sea cruise, the best place is the central Stockholm. Book the accommodation nearby Stockholm Central Station. Catch a shuttle bus from there and arrive at your cruise terminal. Find out more details at the hotels near Stockholm Cruise Port.
Stockholm cruise port has 5 quays. They are close to Galma Stan (Old Town).
Stadsgården, Skeppsbron and Frihamnen are the three major cruise ports during the summer. Värtahamnen and Förtöjning På Strömmen also serve international cruise liners for Baltic Cruise
- Stadsgården is one of Stockholm’s largest ports, serving large cruise ships.
- Frihamnen is the most popular cruise terminals. About half of the cruise liners visiting Stockholm each year call at Frihamnen.
- If your ship docks at Skeppsbron, you are already in the heart of town. Your ship will berth right at Gamla Stan (Old Town).
- Värtahamnen serves Azamara Club Cruises and it is five miles north from Galma Stan. About 5 miles from Gamla Stan. Guests should plan on taking public transportation.
- Förtöjning På Strömmen serves Holland America Line and Cunard Line. The cruise ships may anchor and use tender boats.
- Sometime ships may dock at Nynashamn cruise port. The port is located outside central Stockholm and the 60 km south from central Stockholm.
*Skeppsbron and Förtöjning Pa Strommen are the closest to Galma Stan (Old Town). Stadsgarden is located south of Galma Stan. Frihamnen and Värtahamnen are located north of the landmark, in the commercial area of the port.
Note: if you are looking for ways how to travel from Stockholm Airport to Stockholm City Centre. Please find the article, Stockholm Airport to city Centre.
Stockholm Cruise Port Map
Stockholm Cruise Port Address
Stadsgården Tegelvikshamn SE-11630 Stockholm Sweden
Frihamnsgatan 21-23 (Magasin 2) 10 253 Stockholm Sweden
Skeppsbron 31 Harnosand 871 80 Stockholm Sweden
115 41 Stockholm, Sweden
Förtöjning På Strömmen:
a mooring buoy and for tendering Stockholm, between Gamla Stan and Statsgården
Stockholm Cruise Port Schedule
How can you find your cruise terminal?
You can check out Stockholm Cruise Port Schedule at Port of Stockholm website.
How much is parking at Stockholm Cruise Port?
A short term car park beside the terminal is available. A long term parking takes place in the parking garage next to the terminal. (Stockholm Parkering). Visit stockholmparkering.se. Open daily 06.00–21.00. The parking garage is locked during the night.
Frihamnen Stockholm Parking
Stockholms Stads parking AB has two long-term parking lots. Parking is paid in advance to the automats with cash or credit card.
Parking in the fenced area (107 lots) : 80 SEK / day
Normal lot (87 lots) : 60 SEK / day
Lat: N 59° 20.591´
Lon: E 18° 07.119´
The number of parking lots is limited. They are often full, especially on high season. Prebooking is not possible.
Stockholm Things to Do
- Canal Trip
- Gamla Stan
- Vasa Museum
- Modern Art Museum
- Royal Palace
- Drottningholm Palace
- Hallwyl Museum
- The City Hall
- ABBA: Museum
- Beautiful Nordic neighbourhoods at Gamla Stan, Södermalm, Montelliusvagen, Norrmalm and Strandvägen
II. Stockholm Airport Transfers to Stockholm Cruise Ship Port
Please find the full details of Stockholm Airport transfer to Stockholm. Or Stockholm cruise port to the airport at Stockholm Airport to City.
Are you planning to travel to Stockholm Cruise Port from Stockholm City Centre? If so, you are in the right place. Keep reading and find out the details in the next section.
III. Getting to Stockholm Cruise Port from Stockholm City Centre
Cruise lines rarely provide a shuttle bus. Luckily, public transport in Stockholm is well organised.
One thing you need to keep in mind is that a bus or tram ticket is not available to purchase at a bus or tram ticket directly from a driver. You can purchase a bus or tram ticket at:
- A tourist information point
- A cruise port
- Pressbyra convenience shops
- Bus stop ticket machine
- Stockholm Central Station.
Other useful tips for you on Stockholm Cruise Port Transfer General Tips:
- Get cash in advance for public transportation.
- To get on a train, you could buy a single ticket with either coins or Dutch bank card. Get it at the machine, otherwise only at the counter or particular station points.
- If you buy a ticket at the vending machine, be careful with your wallet. Do care about the secrecy of your PIN identification code.
- Stockholm Central Station and its area are by and large safe. It is always good however to stay alert about your luggage. You need to beware of a pickpocket at any train station in the world.
- The best place to stay in Stockholm for Baltic Sea cruises is near Stockholm Central Station. There are shuttle buses for cruise terminal transfers. Book the best hotels in Stockholm, Sweden near cruise port for Baltic Cruises.
How to get a taxi in Stockholm
There are many taxi companies in Stockholm. Approved taxis with metered fares are always yellow number plates.
My tip: taxi fares in Sweden are not fixed, meaning that prices can vary greatly among companies. Taxi drivers are also legally allowed to charge any prices as long as they are stated clearly on the sign. It is not a good feeling to be ripped off on your vacation. So it is important to check out the price. It is written outside of the taxi.
The price on the yellow label is based on a 10 km, a 15-minute journey. The highest unit price of most taxis is between SEK 290 – 390. Credit cards will be accepted.
My suggestions are:
- NEVER step into a Swedish taxi without checking the yellow price sign on the window first. Caution is adviced.
- Find a price sign, which is written on the taxi.
- Ask if the taxi company uses fixed prices. If so, it should be entered and visible in the taxi meter before your journey starts. Make sure the taxi meter is activated throughout your journey.
Getting Stockholm Cruise Port from City Centre
1. Shuttle Bus
Shuttle Bus Terminal, Cityterminalen, is located just next to Stockholm Central Station. Cityterminalen is in the building called Klarabergsviadukten.
Shuttle Bus ticket: 60 SEK (return 110 SEK)
Travel time: 15 minutes, going directly to Värtahamne
2. Public Bus
This is bus No. 53 that departs from the Folkungagatan station. Please know you need to buy a ticket for local transportation in advance.
Taxi rates: from the city centre should cost no more than 150 SEK.
2. Frihamnen Stockholm
Frihamnen is a modern cruise passenger terminal and is the most popular terminal in Stockholm. Free Wi-Fi and a cafe are available.
1. Public Bus
The cheapest way to go to the terminal is the public bus. Catch bus #76 and take off at Frihamnen (source)
Public Bus ticket: 31 SEK
Travel time: 15 – 20 minutes
Bus Route: 76
Skeppsbron is located next to the Royal Palace in the Old Town. Skeppsbron is in the walking distance from the city centre and is right at Gamla Stan Old town.
1. Båtbussarna Shuttle Bus
The fastest and easiest way is to take Shuttle Bus. Once you hand in your luggage to a driver, you can sit on a seat and relax. It takes only a 15-minute ride.
Shuttle bus ticket: 60 SEK (return 110 SEK)
Travel time: 15 minutes, going directly to Värtahamne
You can find the Shuttle Bus terminal, Cityterminalen. It is just next to Stockholm Central Station. Cityterminalen is exactly located in the building called Klarabergsviadukten.
Where can you purchase a Shuttle Bus ticket?
You can purchase it at a ticket vending machine, which is situated in the terminal.
2. Public Bus
The cheapest way to go to the terminal is the public bus. Catch bus #76 and take off at Värtahamnens färjeterminal.
Once you get off the bus, you can find a footbridge. Take steps up and find the terminal.
Public bus ticket: 31 SEK
Travel time: 25 minutes
Bus Route: 76
5. Förtöjning På Strömmen
If your ship docks at Förtöjning På Strömmen for tendering Stockholm, you are extremely lucky. Most of the time the tender boat will take you directly to Gamla Stan (Old Town). It is one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods of Stockholm. The city centre is right there in front of you. You can also easily catch buses and ferries at the dock.
Bonus Tip!: Visiting Information for Amsterdam!
- Travel Visa Information Do You Need a Travel Visa?
- Currency: Sweden is not a part of the European Union. Khrone (KES) is the official currency. Go to a currency converter
- Internet: Free WiFi access in Stockholm Airport
- Language – Swedish is the official national language. You will find many people can speak English well.
- Stockholm Weather Information
- Public Holidays in The Netherlands – change a year
You may be interested in reading more on Stockholm Cruise Port:
Find the best areas and hotels in Stockholm, Sweden near Cruise Port for the Baltic cruise.
Next reading >> Where to Stay in Stockholm
How do you find Stockholm Cruise Port Transfers in this article? If you find this article useful, please share it with your friends and help them on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. Thank you for reading!